The subject of Rachana Sharir includes study of Normal body structures as stated in Ayurvedic Samhita by the Acharyas along with the study of Modern Anatomy. This is the basic subject in the curriculum of BAMS by which we can identify and gain knowledge of Human body parts using dissection methods and become an open-minded researcher and an able clinician. Being the foundation subject, all the basic principles of Ayurveda are encompassed within Rachana-Sharir.
- To train the students of UG course by virtue of Human body dissection.
- To deliver the knowledge regarding various vital structural details of Human body theoretically and practically.
- Being the most basic subject of all, make the students acquainted with applied and clinical relevant details of Human body.
- To procure as many cadavers for imparting proper education to the students through movement like Body Donation activity by various means.
Departmental Features :
- Well-equipped Dissection Hall with ample number of Cadavers provided for Dissection to UG students.
- Full-time and well qualified staff with PG teacher recognition to all the faculties.
- Fully equipped well developed and well-maintained exclusive Museum of Anatomy.
- Body Donation movement is the mainstay of the Department.