One of the meanings of word ‘Kaya’ is ‘Agni’. The entire Ayurvedic therapeutics is based on the concept of Agni. The concept of Kaya (Agni) is unique and is responsible for bio- transformation. As it is known that energy can neither be created nor can it be destroyed. In human body, Kaya provides the necessary energy for all bodily activities. The energy provided is derived from the food we eat and the air we breathe. The biological system of the body transforms this energy to one, which is utilized by the cells.
Kayachitikitsa is the branch of herbal and holistic medicine deals with the diagnosis and treatment of a variety of general diseases, such as skin disorders, diabetes, tuberculosis, rheumatoid arthritis and many other disorders. Charaka Samhita is the most important scripture on Kayachikitsa. It discussed the basic principles of treatment, various types of therapies and purification or detoxification methods.
- To Improve Health and Health care through Ayurveda and impart excellence in healthcare system through educating students.
- To Motivate and accelerate Innovation and Research in field of Ayurveda.
- To be recognised for excellence in Education, Clinical care and Research in Ayurveda to promote a healthy Society
Kayachikitsa Department is major clinical department of the institution. In this department we provide following facilities:
- OPD as per NCISM norms. Well equipped Consultation Room where all patients are Examined, Diagnosed and Treated with Ayurvedic Siddhantas.
- 30 bedded Male/Female IPD wards. With good number of patient flow, about 60 to 80% bed occupancy.
- Use of Shodhan procedures like Vamana, Virechana, Raktamokshana, Shirodhara, Agnikarma, Viddhakarma and Basti chikitsa for different diseases.
- Well-equipped casualty department.
- Use of Modern diagnostic modalities like ECG machine, Glucometer, pulse-oximetery, Cardiac Monitors.
- Mini and multi-diagnostic medical camps held on regular basis.
- Health education and free consultation facilities provided to the villagers.
- In addition to research in local areas which are undertaken by faculty and undergraduate students are also encouraged to conduct various research projects.
- Professor & HOD Dr. Sharmili Suryavanshi
- Associate Professor Dr. Sandip Suse
- Assistant Professor Dr. Madhuri Nehete
- College department is well equipped with teaching & learning resources as per the guidelines of NCISM.
- Well stocked departmental Library - It is updated with latest edition of Ayurvedic as well as modern Medicine books
- Departmental Museum – for undergraduate training with charts, specimens and models etc.
- Various teaching activities like Seminars, case presentation, Guest lectures etc.
- Teaching and learning experience is enhanced with the help of teaching aids like LCD projector, Smart classrooms and implementation of various Health science Education Technologies under the guidance of experienced Teaching faculties.
- Focus of the department is on treatments for Musculoskeletal disorders, Skin disorders, Neuromuscular disorders, Respiratory disorders, Gastrointestinal tract disorders, Immunology, Rasayan, Vajikaran and Life style disorders like Obesity, Hypertension, Diabetes, etc.